Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can you carry passengers in your vehicles?
Sorry but we are not insured to carry passengers.
2. If I have an accident/injury will you be able to pick me up and take me to my accommodation?
In emergency situations it may be possible but in extreme cases contact the emergency services. It may be that a taxi service will be required for the remainder of your holiday.
3. Can you help me organise my accommodation?
Yes, we can offer local knowledge of suitable places for overnight stops and even have a specific accommodation list for the Gloucestershire Way. Feel free to drop us an email if you are struggling to source accommodation and we will help! When you book accommodation, let us know where and when, so we can advise them that we will be collecting and delivering your bags.
4. Are any of the accommodation providers dog friendly?
Yes, where possible we have tried to source some accommodation that will accept dogs on the Gloucestershire Way route and there are many providers along the Offa's Dyke Path who indicate that they accept dogs.
5. If I need any walking equipment, either because I have forgotten something or I need a replacement, can you source this for me?
Yes. There are a number of walking equipment shops in the area. We can purchase items/collect items for you but there will be an additional cost plus the cost of the item, payable in cash.
6. If I change my accommodation provider last minute or during my holiday, can you still deliver my bags?
Yes, providing you contact us as soon as possible, preferably in writing i.e. email or text and ensure that your new accommodation provider is expecting us.
7. If I decide that I would like you to provide a *packed lunch for the following day, is this possible?
Yes, if you let us know by 4pm the previous day. Lunch choices may be limited. *Gloucestershire Way ONLY.
8. What do you mean by one bag?
One bag can be a holdall or suitcase that is securely closed and weighs no more than 20kgs.
9. Are there any items that you won’t/cannot carry?
We can only carry bags weighing no more than 20kgs. We are not insured to carry laptops, tablets, phones, expensive clothing, glass or other breakable items. The maximum value of bag and contents should not exceed £200.
10. If we are not staying overnight at the start and end of the walk, how will you pick up and return our luggage?
We can arrange to meet you at the train or bus station, National Express bus stops or neayour long stay car park.
11. Can I get general advice about our walking holiday from you?
Yes of course! We know the area well and David has completed the Gloucestershire Way , Offa's Dyke Path and has walked extensively in the Cotswolds so he can answer all sorts of questions. Just give us a call or send an email.
12. What time will you pick up and deliver our luggage?
We aim for a 9am pick up, earlier by arrangement and a 4pm delivery. In reality we often deliver them earlier.
13. I need to arrange pick up/delivery times with my accommodation providers?
No, leave that to us. Just let your accommodation providers know that we will be dropping off and picking up your luggage.
14. Do I have to wait with my luggage?
No, you don’t. The usual method is for you to leave your bags and we will collect them from the accommodation provider, however very occasionally an accommodation provider may have a particular issue on the day which can make this difficult, in these cases you / they will need to call us. There is always a solution like a key code or a locked garage or outhouse!
15. Can I use my credit/debit card throughout my holiday or will I need to bring cash?
It is always advisable to bring some cash. Sections of the walk do not pass through towns or may not have any cash points in the smaller villages. Some restaurants/shops may only accept cash and in any event it is always advisable.
16. Do I need travel insurance?
Travel insurance is always recommended for any holiday whether you are travelling within the UK or from overseas. It will reimburse you if you lose your money and pay compensation if you have to cut short or cancel your holiday through injury or illness. Please note that the insurance we provide for your baggage is only valid whilst in the possession of our driver during the transport phase. See our terms and conditions.
17. Do you operate all year round?
We can, dependent on the weather of course! It is more usual for customers to book between March and October but we are happy to accommodate you where possible.